½ cup water
5 big pitted dates
¾ cup hazelnuts
½ cup + 1 Tbsp chopped almonds
1 cup rolled oats
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp vanilla powder
¼ cup rice flour
½ cup coconut milk
3x 113 g (4 oz) Le Grand lemon yogurts
3/4 cup maple syrup
45g fresh lemon with skin
1 Tbsp cocoa butter
⅛ tsp ground turmeric
Garnish with wild blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Put aside a 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom. No need to line or butter it, but I use a ceramic bottom tart pan that I serve directly on the plater.
3. Boil water and soak dates. Set aside.
4. In a high-speed blender, pulse the hazelnuts and ½ cup almonds. Add the oats and salt and pulse until all the ingredients are blended to a coarse sand-like consistency. Add in the dates, their water and the vanilla powder. Pulse several times until it is incorporated. The mixture will be very sticky, but don’t be dissuaded. Using your fingers, press mixture into the tart pan pressing gently across the pan. It can help to dampen your fingers with water and continue to press the crust towards the edges. The tart shell should be 1/3-inch thick with uniform thickness and clean edges. Pierce the bottom with a fork and sprinkle the crust with the 1 Tbsp chopped almonds.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on your oven. Check after 10 minutes and if edges seem like they are getting too dark, remove from the oven immediately.
6. Let the tart shell cool for 5 minutes then place in the freezer. Freeze for no more than 15 minutes — just enough to solidify your pie crust.
7. While the tart shell is baking or is in the freezer, make the filling. In the blender, add the rice flour, coconut milk, yogurt, maple syrup, fresh lemon, cocoa butter and turmeric. Blend at very high speed for 5 minutes. This will thicken the mixture and actually cook it. You’ll be surprised how thick it gets!
8. Fill the tart shell with the lemon mixture, smoothing the top with a spatula. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, unmold the tart on a plate and top with fresh blueberries or with your favorite fruits.